Have you ever found yourself alone trying to make things work in your business and life thinking you have lots of supports only to find out that you actually don’t?
Well, this is true for me – I found myself all alone trying to build a business that would last a lifetime and then realizing I am going on this journey all alone.
And yes, I have a family and yes, I have friends but they are not all invested in my business, yes, they wish me well and hope I succeed but really would it be a big deal if I fail not really. It was a sad realization at first but that is not the end of the story.
I am not here to rant about my life as realizing this (being alone) is something I have come to accept as an individual sometimes you just have to go alone for a while before people get you. You will have people in your life who love you but truly can’t understand your drive, passion and dreams
But what are you going to do because this is happening, fold your hands and give up – no! you need to become your own support system.
It may seem strange and it may seem out of the norm but the fact is Are you going to follow people’s expectations or plan for you? or are you going to trust in yourself and believe that you are enough to do what needs to be done?
And it seems like I am preaching to the choir here (myself) but I also believe that a lot of people are going through the same journey and I have some tips that can help you out. The fact is you are enough to go on this journey – you just need to believe in yourself enough.
So, what if your only support system is just you what should you do – I have 5 tips that will help out
- Totally get clear on what it is you want from your life – the truth is if you don’t know what you want anywhere will look like the bus top. So, you need to know for yourself what it is you want – not for your family not for your friend but yourself, what does success mean to you? what would make your life a fulfilled one – you need the answers for yourself.
- Believe in your dreams and visions – if you don’t believe in yourself, no oneself can and it would only be a matter of time before you will be derailed to someone else plan. So as much as you can remind yourself of your vision and your dream and Why you are doing It
- Take action toward your plan and vision – a favorite quote of mine is if you can’t soar – fly, if you can’t fly – run, if you can’t run – walk and if you can’t walk – crawl, but by all mean get moving towards your goals (Martin Luther King Jnr) this quote says it all, do something every day in line with your dream. Be intentional about your life.
- Positive self-talk and self-visualization – it is a common saying that you cannot become what you cannot see and you cannot have what you can’t say – so forget the naysayers and start talking positive, start speaking your dreams like it was already fulfilled start believing it. Your reality would always at some point time align with your mind – so get a mindset that sees unlimited possibilities.
- Don’t give up – it usually takes time. It may be hard but don’t give up on your dreams and vision. Believe in it and know It usually takes time. Learn the act of enjoying the journey while also looking forward to the destinations you want.
Remember success is who you are every day when you do something towards your goals.
Lastly, if you don’t have a lot of support from people around – you can join online communities where you meet people that can take you beyond where you are currently to where you want to be
I hope this helps you, so what part of walking this journey alone scares you. Let me know in the comment section.